Saturday, March 28, 2009 | By: Rudi Butt

The First A to Z

Last modified: January 18, 2010
A

Air mail service: March 23, 1936, handled by Imperial Airways; connecting with their London - Australia route at Penang

Airlines company, bankruptcy: April 9, 2008, Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, founded by Raymond Lee and wife Priscilla in February 2005; liquidated with a loss of $1 billion

Airlines company, flag carrier: September 24, 1946, Cathay Pacific; Roy Farrell, Sydney de Kantzow, co-founders

Airfield, military: 1949, Sha Tin Airfield

Airport: January 24, 1925, Kai Tak Airport; first flight records appeared

Amusement Park: 1949, Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park 荔園遊樂場

B

Bank, local: March 3, 1865, Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Company; founder – Scotsman, Thomas Sutherland

Bank, local capitalized by local Chinese: 1918, the Bank of East Asia

Bank robbery: February 5, 1865, the “drain gangs” 坑渠老鼠, Central Bank of Western India, $117,000 (approximately $60 million in today's values)

Bishop: October 31, 1948, Bishop Enrico Valtorta

Boat race: October 1849, the Victoria Regatta Club holds its first meeting; regattas and other races were held by the Club sporadically until 1890.

Brands and Products Expo, Hong Kong 工展會: from February 4 to 8, 1938, organized by the Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong (CMA); held at St Paul's College in Central, at which 40 industrial enterprises displayed 200 types of products in a total of 86 booths.

Bus service: 1924, China Motor Bus

Bus, double-decker: 1949, introduced by Kowloon Motor Bus

C

Cardinal: June 29, 1988, Cardinal Wu Cheng-Chung John Baptist

Census: 1841, population 3,650, and 2,000 boat people

Census, first million population: 1946

Chamber of Commerce: 1861, established

Chief Executive, Hong Kong SAR: July 1, 1997 to March 10, 2005, Tung Chee-hwa 董建華

Chief Justice, Chinese: March 15, 1988 – 1996, Yang Ti-Liang 楊鐵樑

Children welfare organization: 1848, the Asile de la Sainte Enfance 聖童之家; run by Sisters of St Paul de Chartres.

Church, “Hakka” 客家: 1851, Swedish missionary Theodore Hamberg 韓山明 and 2 others were sent by the Barmen and Basel Missionary Society (Protestant) to Hong Kong in 1847. Hamberg learned the Hakka dialect and in 1851 bought 2 old houses and turned them into the church of the Basil Mission – the first church using the Hakka dialect for its service.

Cinema / Theater: 1867, the Tung Hing Theatre 同慶戲園, located on Po Yan Street 普仁街 on Hong Kong Island; Chinese opera performance, re-named Chungking Theatre 重慶戲院 in 1890s, started screening movies from 1900s, closed in 1910s.

Cinema: 1903, the Empire Cinematograph Theatre 奄派亞影畫戲院, located on Des Voeux Road C. near Jubilee Street (current location of the Hang Seng Bank Building); rebuilt in 1919 and became the Wo Ping Theatre 和平戲院 .

Cinema, air-conditioned: 1931, King's Theatre 娛樂戲院, located at the corner of Wyndham Street and Queen's Road Central.

Cinema, screening sound films and color films: May 1, 1924, Queen's Theatre 皇后戲院, located on Queen's Road Central, rebuilt in 1961, closed in 2007.

Concerts by The Beatles: June 10, 1964, performed 2 concerts at the Princess Theater 樂宮戲院

City Hall: November 2, 1869, inaugurated by Prince Alfred, the Duke of Edinburgh – second son of Queen Victoria

Curfew: 1842, imposed by William Caine, first magistrate; lift June 21, 1897 or 55 years later, in connection with celebration of Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee.

Curtain wall facade for buildings: 1958, Tak Shing House, Des Voeux Road Central.

D

Department store, owned and operated by Chinese: 1900, Sincere Department Store; located on Queen's Road

Department Store, that hired women as sales persons: 1900, Sincere Department Store

District Board 區議會: 1982, known as the District Councils from 1999; the local councils for the 18 Districts of Hong Kong, consultative bodies on district administration and affairs.

Dog license, regulated: June 26, 1893, Ordinance #5 of 1893; except for “such dog kept by an agriculturist solely as a watch dog and is necessary for that purpose”.

Dogs and Cats, prohibiting the slaughter or sale of, for food: January 13, 1950: Cap 167, section 3 of Ordinance #1 of 19650 entitled “Dogs and Cats Regulation”.

E

Electricity supplies: 6pm, December 1, 1890, Hong Kong Electric Company 香港電燈 lighted the first streetlight in Central.

Electric power station: 1890, located on Star Street 星街 Wan Chai, initial output 100 kilowatt.

Elevator (lift): 1878, installed in the Hong Kong Hotel, Pedder Street; Otis Elevator.

Escalator: 1955, installed at the Royal Hong Kong Jockey Club.

Escalator, installed in a building open to the general public: 1956, Man Yee Building, Des Voeux Road Central.

Executive Council, Chinese member: 1926, Chow, Shou Son 周壽臣

F

Ferrari imported to Hong Kong: 1960s.

Ferry service: 1842, between Tsimshatsui and Central; operated by Abdoolally Ebrahim & Co 鴨都喇利; founder Seth Ebrahim Noordin from India

Ferry service, by a steam launch: 1870, Morning Star 曉星號, twin-screw, wooden-hulled, bought from England, owned and run by Grant Smith.

Financial Secretary (known as Colonial Treasurer before 1937): 1844-1845, Robert Montgomery Martin (1803-1868); said the following of Hong Kong in 1844, “There does not appear the slightest probability that, under any circumstances, Hong Kong will ever become a place of trade. It is worse than folly to persist in a course begun in error, and which, if continued, must eventually end in disappointment and in national loss and degradation.”

Fire, hotel: February 13, 1926, Hong Kong Hotel 香港大酒店, 6-storied building opened in 1868; located where the Gloucester Building and the Central Building are situated today; hotel closed after fire.

Fire, ship: 1949, SS Sai On 西安號客船, a ferry that ran between Hong Kong and Guangzhou; 200 death.

Fire, sports ground: February 26, 1918, Happy Valley Racecourse fire, over 600 killed.

Fire Brigade: May 23, 1868, Hong Kong Fire Brigade 香港消防隊 established; 62 men strong, with another 100 Chinese volunteers.

Flag, British raised, January 26, 1941, British forces landed in and took possession of Hong Kong

Flag, Colonial: 1871 to 1876

Flight, first powered: 18 March of 1911, Belgian pilot Charles den Bron took off at the Sha Tin Airfield in his plane named Spirit of Sha Tin

Flight, commercial between London and Hong Kong: March 23, 1936, Imperial Airways

Flight, commercial between Paris and Hong Kong: August 4, 1938, Air France; the 12-seater Dewoitine 338, the new Air France’s favorite trimotor plane

Flight, now-defunct Oasis Hong Kong Airlines: October 26, 2006, flight O8 700 took off to London after a 24-hour delay as the airline company settled a dispute with Russia, who revoked the London-bound flight's fly-over rights.

G

Gas street lamps: 1875, installed at Duddell Street, Central 都爹利街煤氣燈

Gas supplies: 1864, by Hong Kong and China Gas Company, incorporated in London in 1862; 24 km of mains supplying 500 street lamps and selected buildings in Central.

Golf Club: May 10, 1889, the Royal Hong Kong Golf Club, formed by 13 founding members; the 10th governor, George William Des Voeux 德輔, became the club's first president.

Golf course (ground): 1889, Happy Valley, special permission for use by members of the Royal Hong Kong Golf Club; the area was used for football, polo, hockey and military parades, so the golfers had to take their turn at using the ground; nets were used for bunkers, granite setts for the hole. By 1891, a small shed was built as a Clubhouse.

Golf course, 9-hole: September 1898, Royal Hong Kong Golf Club, Deep Water Bay course, Members used to ride round to the course in boats from Victoria Harbor or ride ponies over Wong Nei Chong Gap, whilst the caddies walked carrying the clubs and picnics.

Golf course, 18-hole: 1911, Royal Hong Kong Golf Club Fanling Old Course.

Governor: June 26, 1843 to May 8, 1844, Henry Pottenger 砵甸乍

Governor, took the wrong Oath: April 16, 1872, the 7th governor Arthur Edward Kennedy re-sworn 13 days later

Governor died in office: December 5, 1986, Edward Youde 尤德

Government Department / Agency, Civil Aviation Department 民航處: May 1, 1946, established

H

Hospital: April 1841, Naval Hospital, housed in matshed buildings erected by the British Navy; treat military personnel only. The hospital was destroyed by the typhoon of July 22.

Hospital, Chinese medicine: 1872, Tung Wah Hospital

Hospital, infectious diseases: 1850s, the Infectious Diseases Hospital 性病醫院

Hospital, ship: 1842, HMS Minden became the first hospital ship; serving as the British naval hospital. Minden was replaced by another hospital ship HMS Alligator.

Hospital, private: 1843, the Seaman's Hospital opened in Wan Chai; funded by Jardine Matheson and Company, under the charge of Dr Young, who had been surgeon in the East India Company's iron steamship Nemesis. Non-Chinese seamen were treated here and expenses were to be paid by their employers. The hospital was purchased by the British Navy in 1973.

Hospital, public: 1849, the National (Hong Kong) Hospital 國家醫院, admitted Westerners and British military personnel only; began to admit Chinese 15 years later in 1864.

Hospital, with a nursing staff of trained nurses from the London Hospital: 1889, Civil Hospital, located on Queen's Road; Clara Eastmond was the first matron.

I

ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption), Commissioner: February 15, 1974, Jack Cater 姬達

Identification Cards for Hong Kong residents: 1949

Insider dealing, bank CEO from Hong Kong to be investigated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission: May 2007, David Li Kwok Po 李國寶

Insider trading court case: April 1, 2009, Ma Hon Yeung 馬漢揚, formerly with BNP Paribas Capital was sentenced to 26 months in prison

J

K

Knight, lcoal Chinese: Ho Kai, 1892, Companion of St. Michael and St George (CMG); 1912, Knight Bachelor.

Kowloon-Canton Railway: October 5, 1911, opening of the Chinese Section

Kowloon-Canton Railway, Sha Tau Kok Line 沙頭角支線: April 1, 1912, connecting Fanling and Sha Tau Kok. It ceased operation on April 1, 1928 when the Sha Tau Kok Road, a highway parallel to the railway, came into service.

L

Legislative Council, establishment: June 1943

Legislative Council, appointment of official members: August 1843, A.R. Johnston (a former Administrator of Hong Kong), J.R. Morrison (Chinese Secretary and Interpreter to the Superintendent of Trade) and William Caine (Chief Magistrate).

Legislative Council, member died in office: 1843, John Robert Morrison

Legislative Council meeting: January 11, 1844

Legislative Council, appointment of the first Unofficial Members: June 14, 1850, David Jardine of Jardine, Matheson & Co. and J.F. Edger of Jamieson, How & Co.

Legislative Council, approval of Government budget: December 8, 1858
Legislative Council, Chinese name: January 2, 1875, Teng Lai Kuk 定例局

Legislative Council, Senior Chinese Unofficial Member 首席華人非官守議員: 1880-1882, Ng Choy 伍才, aka Wu Tingfang 伍廷芳

Legislative Council, Chinese language allowed in meeting: October 18, 1972

Library, public: 1962, The City Hall Public Library

Lighthouse, the first of its kind built: April 16, 1875, Cape D'Aguilar Lighthouse 鶴咀燈塔 was put into service

M

Magistrate: William Caine 威廉·堅恩

Map of Hong Kong: 1843, drawn by Thomas Bernard Collinson 哥連臣, Lieutenant, British Royal Engineers, specialized in land surveying

Market: 1842, the Canton Market 廣州市場, predsuccessor of the Central Market 前中環街市

Marriage registration: 1971, Marriage Reform Ordinance (Cap 178) outlawed common law marriage which was quite common as well as legal for Chinese in Hong Kong before the passing of the ordinance

McDonald's Restaurant: January 1975, opened at Paterson Street in Causeway Bay

Miss Hong Kong: June 23, 1946, Lee Nan 李蘭 (born Leung Suk Chun 梁淑真, aka Chan Yuen Hung 陳婉紅)

Miss Hong Kong died by suicide: December 27, 1966, Lily Mo Chou 莫愁 (born Wang Lizhen 王麗貞), 2nd runner-up of 1959 Miss Hong Kong and Shaw Brothers actress, age 32

Miss Kong Kong won Miss Universe title: July 24, 1954, Virgina Lee Wai Chun was 2nd runner-up in the third Miss Universe

Money, legal tender: 1863, the silver dollar, the dollar was pegged to silver at a rate of 1 dollar = 24.44 grams pure silver

Movie screened: 1897 – short films produced by the French - Lumière brothers

Movie, featured-length: October 5, 1903, La vie et la passion de Jésus Christ, a 44-minute French silent film

Murder in the theater: 1919, Comedian, Lee Siu Fan 李少帆, of the Guangzhou based Chinese opera company “Juk Wah Chuen” 祝華全 was shot dead while performing on stage at the Wo Ping Theatre. The gun shots came from the audience; the killer was never caught.

N

Name of colonial Hong Kong: 1845, Queen City 女皇城; later on in the same year a new name was adopted – City of Victoria 維多利亞城

Newspaper, Chinese language: August 1853, Chinese Serial 遐爾貫珍, founded and published by Ying Wa College 英華書院.

Newspaper, English language: May 1, 1841 (published in Macau), Hong Kong Gazette 香港鈔報, founded by John Robert Morrison 馬儒翰 - translator for the British Superintendent of Trade. Funded by the Superintendency of Trade.

Nurses and Midwives Association, Hong Kong: 1940, the association was founded with the objectives of maintaining the standard of nursing care, promoting unity among nurse/midwife colleagues and protecting the interest of the nurses and midwives.

O

Observatory, Hong Kong, director of: 1883, William Doberck 杜伯克.

Ordinance, Hong Kong: February 1844, Ordinance No. 1 of 1844, relating to the abolition of slavery

Opium, legalized: November 1844

Opium Den run by colonial government: 1845; located on Sai On Lane 西安里, Sai Ying Pun

Opium, outlawed: March 1, 1910, all opium divans in Hong Kong and the New Territory closed. Opium Farm let for 3 years at $1,183,200 per annum. British government makes the Colony a grant of £9,000 for the year 1910 on account of loss of opium revenue.

P

Park / gardens (public): 1864, the Botanic Garden 兵頭花園

Pawn shop: 1800s, the Po Yuen Pawn Shop 普源押 in Yuen Long

Plague bacillus, the discovery of: 1894, by young French doctor – Alexander Yersin – who was sent to Hong Kong to investigate an epidemic of bubonic plague. With insufficient fund, Yersin lived in and worked from a thatched hut at Kennedy Town.

Police, Marine Region: 1846, established; Charles May was the Captain Superintendent of Police at that time.

Police Chief, pre-police force: William Caine 威廉·堅恩, 1841-1844

Police Chief: May 1, 1844, Charles May 查理士·梅理, 1844-1862

Police Chief became Governor: July, 1912, Francis Henry May 梅含理, 1893-1901

Police chief sentenced to death and hung: February 26, 1947, Japanese Captain of Kempeitai - Kennosuke Noma 野間憲之助, 1941-1945

Police Chief, Hong Kong Chinese: 1989, Li Kwan Ha 李君夏, 1989-1994

Police Sub-Inspector, Woman: 1949, Kimmy Koh 高建美

Post office: August 1841

Postage stamp: December 8, 1862, the design featured a portrait of Queen Victoria

Prostitution, legalized: July 23, 1867, ordinance #10 of 1867 titled “An Ordinance for the better Prevention of Contagious Diseases”.

Q

Queen's Counsel, Hong Kong Chinese: year unknown, Chau Cham Son 周湛燊

R

Regional Council 區域市政局: 1985, established to provide for the New Territories what the Urban Council did for Hong Kong Island and Kowloon.

Reservoir:1863, the Pok Fu Lam Reservoir; expanded to current capacity of 68 million gallons in 1871.

Rickshaw: 1870, imported by American businessman from Japan

Road: 1844, Hollywood Road 荷李活道

Rolls Royce, fleet owned by the Peninsula Hotel: 1970, seven Silver Shadow

Rolls Royce, running in Hong Kong: year unknown, owned by Li Po Chun 李寶椿.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force: 1951, granted by King George V; disbanded on April 1,1993.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Auxiliary Police Force: 1969, granted by Queen Elizabeth II; title dropped in 1997.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Golf Club: 1889, club founded with royal title granted by Queen Victoria; title dropped in 1996.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Observatory: 1912, granted by King George V; title dropped in 1997.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Police: 1969, granted by Queen Elizabeth II; title dropped in 1997.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Regiment (The Volunteers): 1951, granted by King George V; disbanded in September 1995.

Royal nomenclature, Hong Kong Yacht Club: 1894, granted by Queen Victoria; royal title remaining.

Royal nomenclature, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals: 1978, granted by Queen Elizabeth II; title dropped in 1997.

Rubber dam, water supply scheme: 1960s, Plover Cove 船灣淡水湖, three inflatable dams were constructed; there were also the first three ever constructed in Hong Kong.

Rubber dam, irrigation and floor control: 1978, Tai Po Tau 大埔頭, 37m x 38.1m, supplied by Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.

S

School, public secondary school founded by government: 1862, The Government Central School 中央書院; renamed Victoria College 維多利亞書院 in 1889; reorganized as the Queen's College 皇仁書院 in 1894

School, medical: October 1, 1887, the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese 香港華人西醫書院

School, university: March 11, 1912, the University of Hong Kong, teaching commenced in September, the university had three faculties: Medicine, Engineering and Arts, with a total of 71 students.

School, University of Hong Kong, first degree congregation: December 14, 1916, for 23 students and 5 honorary graduates (4 would be added in the same year). The graduates are: 12 in Engineering - 傅秉常, 鄧應霖, 梁乃恒, 何永乾, 葉衍芳, 凌文禮, 韋榮翰, 韋榮駱, 黃泰初, Lau Chan, Lai Hau-yeung and Chan Iu-choo; 8 in Medicine – 周懷璋, 林宗揚, Cheah Tiang-eam, Cheong Chee-hai, Wong Hing-chuen, Teoh Cheng-toe, Teh Lean-swee and Lim Soon-kian; and 3 in Arts – 林棟, 李景康 and Li Tsok -lun.

School, University of Hong Kong, Honorary Graduates, Doctors of Laws (LLD): 1916, 14th Hong Kong Governor Frederick J.D. Lugard 盧押, archaeologist Louis Finot 路易士芬諾, the Father of Railways in China - Tien Yow Jeme 詹天佑, French explorer and archaeologist Captain Paul Pelliot 伯希和, Robert Ho Tung 何東, Indonesia based industrialist - Pat Sze Cheung 張弼士, Indonesia based industrialist - Chang Yew Hin 張耀軒, Malaya based banker and industrialist - Loke Yew 陸佑 and medical doctor Lien Teh Wu 伍連德, known as the “Plague Fighter” because of his work in controlling plague in China in 1910s.

Scout Troop: September 11, 1913, the 1st Hong Kong Scout Troop of St. Joseph's College. The group was registered with The Boy Scout Association on May 1, 1914. At the time, the Chief Scout was Major F.J. Bowen and the Scoutmaster was Albert Edwards.

Scout, first Chinese Troop: 1921, 6th Hong Kong of the Ellis Kadoorie School 育才書院; Scoutmaster A. White.

Segregation, place of residence: July 15, 1904, ordinance No. 4 of 1904 titled “Peak District Reservation” denied Chinese the right to reside in the peak area.

Ship, Chinese junk, sailed from Hong Kong to England: December 1846, the three-masted, 800-ton Chinese trading junk – Keying 耆英號, under the command of British captian Kellett left Hong Kong in December 1846, rounded the Cape of Hope in March 1947, stopped at St Helena in April, visited New york in July, visited Boston in November and finally arrived in England in April 1848 – a journey that took 17 months.

Skyscraper: 1868, the 6-storied Hong Kong Hotel, Pedder Street.

Sports club: 1851, Hong Kong Cricket Club

Sports ground, horse racing: 1846, Happy Valley Racecourse, built on reclaimed marshland

Survey of Hong Kong harbour made on ship: 1841, made by Commander (later Adminal) Edward Belcher 愛德華·卑路乍 aboard HMS Sulphur in 1841.

T

Taxi service, pioneer: 1941, taxi boss Wu Zung 胡忠; 40 cars

Taxi service, regulated: 1947, 329 cars licensed

Televised beauty pageant: May 1973, Rediffusion (Hong Kong) Ltd.麗的電視 - the Miss Beach Pageant 沙灘小姐選舉. Lam Kin Ming 林建明 was Miss Beach

Television, actress and soap opera: 1957, Lily Leung 梁舜燕 took the leading role in the TV drama series “A Blessed Family” 幸福的家庭; the show was broadcast live.

Television, live coverage: November 19, 1967, TVB coverage of the Macau Grand Prix.

Television program, that became the world's longest-running: November 19, 1967, Enjoy Yourself Tonight 歡樂今宵.

Television program, locally produced broadcast in color: January 26, 1971, Enjoy Yourself Tonight 歡樂今宵.

Television station: May 29, 1957, Rediffusion 麗的映聲; it was a cable TV station.

Television station, wireless commercial: November 19, 1967, Television Broadcasts Ltd. (TVB).

Temple, built on Hong Kong Island and still surviving: 1700s, the Temple of the Water Immortal 水僊古廟; situated in Stanley.

Time Service: 1904, Greenwich Mean Time was adopted as the basis for Hong Kong Time ---8 hours in advance of Greenwich Mean Time.

Time Service: January 1, 1972, Hong Kong adopted UTC as official time standard. Coordinated Universal Time (UTC, French: Temps Universel Coordonné) is a time standard based on International Atomic Time (TAI) with leap seconds added at irregular intervals to compensate for the Earth's slowing rotatio.

Time service, time ball: January 1, 1885, the barrack sergeant of the Marine Police together with a staffer of the Royal Observatory raise the time ball, which is 6-feet in diameter, up the mast in front of the Marine Police Headquarters at Tsimshatsui at about 12:50pm. The time ball drops at exactly 1pm. This became the daily time service henceforth. The time ball tower was later moved to Blackhead Point in January 1908.

Tunnel, mining: 1915, Lin Ma Hang Mining Tunnel; 0.9 km long, 2.3 m dia cross section; Lin Ma Hang 蓮麻坑, a village in Sha Tau Kok, had a lead mine operation till early 1960.

Tunnel, road: November 14, 1967, the Lion Rock Tunnel; 1.43 km dual-one single bore tunnel connecting Kowloon Tong and Sha Tin; also a water supply tunnel as part of the Plover Cove scheme to Kowloon; the Second Lion Rock Tunnel, 1.41 km, opened on January 18, 1978.

Tunnel, railway: 1910, First KCR Beacon Hill Tunnel; construction began in 1906, single lane tunnel of standard gauge, 2.2 km long; was the greatest engineering project in Asia of its time; tunnel opened with four other tunnels – Yau Ma Tei, Ma Liu Shui, North Tai Po Kau and South Tai Po Kau – and the rest of the line in October 1910; closed upon completion of the electrified Second KCR Beacon Hill Tunnel was put in use; now occupied by town gas facilities.

Tunnel, water supply: 1877, Pok Fu Lam Tunnel; 0.08 km long, 1.5 m dia. Cross section; the Pok Fu Lam Tunnel is also the first ever tunnel built in Hong Kong.

U

Underground public lavatories: 1900s, 6 were built in Central, one remaining still in use

Urban Council 市政局: 1883, first established as the Sanitary Board, a system of partial elections was established, allowing selected individuals to vote for members on the board. The council gained its name in 1936.

V

Victory Parade at the Cenotaph in Central: August 29, 1945

Visit, by a Chinese Emperor: 1276, Southern Sung Dynasty emperor Zhao Shi 趙是 and his brother Zhao Bing 趙昺 temporarily lived in Hong Kong while evading the Mongolian army that had conquered most of China. Zhao Shi died of sickness in Hong Kong after almost being drown. A part of a rock on which the brothers were said to have rested is installed at the Sung Wong Toi Garden 宋王台花園 in Ma Tau Wai.

Visit, by a future king: 1922, Prince of Wales of Britain; later King Edward VIII and after abdication the Duke of Windsor.

Visit, by Pope: December 4, 1970, Pope Paul VI

W

Water supply from Guangdong, Dongjiang 東江:1965. Today, about 70-80 percent of water supplies for Hong Kong comes from Dongjiang.

WHO (World Health Organization), Hong Kong Chinese Director-General: November 8, 2006, Margaret Chan Fung Fu-chun 陳馮富珍

Wong Fei Hung movie:1949, 黃飛鴻傳上集

X

Y

181.YMCA: November 11, 1925, opened at Kowloon

Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment